Responsible for supervision or management of direct and indirect tax matters as well as reporting compliance with local government units and other regulatory agencies (such as BIR, PEZA, BOC and LGUs) for all The company Philippines legal entities. Provide tax advice to The company’s projects, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate functions (such as real estate, HR, etc.). Ensure all transfer pricing agreements are documented and approved, and define strategies to proactively manage transfer pricing vis-a-vis The company’s tax rate.
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
- Tax Filings and Compliance: manage all local and other international income tax compliance, including full cycle from provision through true-up. Checks and analyzes all electronic and manual filings to ensure compliance with various monthly, quarterly and annual tax filing requirements. Manage special projects as needed to identify and mitigate tax exposures and capitalize on tax planning opportunities.
- Area Tax: plan, document and execute of tax strategies and projects, support of tax issues on client engagements in a geography, ongoing review and optimization of our tax and legal entity structure and ensure tax compliance with all tax rules and regulations within the designated jurisdictions. Ensure deadlines on tax accounting, tax reserves, tax forecasts and reporting are met. Liaise with Global Tax on compliance with global processes and requirements for tax reporting.
- Tax Accounting: Supervises the processing of relevant accounting journal entries to ensure propriety of accounting transactions and adjustments (e.g., to proper G/L accounts, cost centers, client charge code or company code). Understand and adopt proper allocation methodology or basis of costs for each company code and tax regimes (i.e., 5%, ITH, 30% RCIT).
- Employment tax: Work with Country HR to determine proper tax treatment of various compensation and benefit schemes including rewards, gifts, etc. Coordinate with People Mobility on taxation of compensation and benefits of expatriates (inbound or outbound). Ensure consistency of approach and treatment across Philippines, as applicable. Review and approve proper tax treatment and tax configurations within the payroll system.
- Transfer Pricing: develop and manage intercompany agreements and transfer pricing documentation. Review and sign off transfer pricing reserves pursuant to internal controls requirements. Prepare and manage transfer pricing localizations and update methodologies to comply with changes in laws. Define strategies to proactively manage transfer pricing vis-a-vis The company’s tax rate, ensure all transfer pricing agreements are documented and approved, and respond to intercompany and transfer pricing issues in support of tax audits
- Controversy/Tax Audits: develop/implement the strategy to manage and defend all tax audits (internal or external). Manages tax audits and queries from tax authorities with the support of the other functions or department and liaises with tax advisors for quick identification and resolution of exposures/risks or cancellation of the assessment or audits by tax authorities.
- Strategic Tax Planning: responsible for planning and executing global tax strategies to optimize our global corporate structure and manage and minimize tax risk. Manage all corporate and employee tax matters, holding company locations and tax issues related to share management, corporate finance, and delivery centers, local and cross border reorganisation initiatives.
- Shared-services tax team: responsible for overseeing and review of the shared services team’s work, compliance and all tax filings prepared by the team. Ensure accuracy and proper sign-offs are received prior to tax filings or payment. Handle escalations and consultations by the shared services team to ensure smooth processing of tax transactions.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or related fields
- Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 5 years in finance and Accounting roles
- Must have extensive experience in Tax/PEZA
- End to end experience in Project Management
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Certified Project Management is an advantage
Additional notes from CMT/Project:
- As a manager, candidate should have both technical and more operational tax background
- Candidate should be CPA and from big 4 experience
- Experienced in Corporate Tax area
- Ideally with PEZA experience
- Ideally from BPO / Shared Services and/or Corporate Tax company
|Job Category||Finance and Accounting|