The Payroll Program and Operations Senior Manager role supports and drives the roll out of the Payroll Strategy Programs and Projects in the APAC Geography. This role provides Payroll subject matter expertise (by preference in Philippines Payroll), project leadership, and direction to local Payroll operation teams to ensure our Payroll service is fit for purpose. In addition, the Payroll Program and Operations Senior Manager supports the initiatives of, and maintains relationships with, the Company business functions. Responsible for service delivery support in conjunction with Company’s ventures and acquisitions transactions globally. Responsible for Quality and Compliance in the payroll process.
- Lead/support continuous improvement efforts for processes, tools, metrics and training based on ongoing experience, process metrics and feedback from stakeholders
- May undertake critical roles within the function for a period of time
- Lead and direct special projects (organizational changes, redeployment of personnel, vendor transitions)
- Help translate the high-level vision or strategy into specific initiatives and activities for implementation
- Orchestrate timely delivery across a complex, global organizational structure
- Drive strategy, key policy controls, process metrics and integration with other functional teams
- Manage the goals, objectives, overall performance and budget of their assigned projects and teams
- Partner with local Payroll teams to ensure accurate and timely Payroll delivery and associated tasks such as compliance with tax and regulatory rules, tax payments and filings, regulatory reporting, etc.
- Oversee local team compliance with Internal Controls, Information Security Requirements, etc.
- Accountable for the success, effectiveness, and on-time delivery of Payroll due diligence and integration activities related to Ventures and Acquisitions
- Partner with business functions to ensure local systems and processes can support related requirements such as equity, benefit, HR, cross-border assignment, and other functions
- Partner with IT/CIO to drive required technology changes
- Support local Payroll teams with Vendor system changes, upgrades, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating global and local Payroll requirements
- Reduce/Manage risks to tasks, activities or projects
- Offer functional expertise to key processes, products and solutions
- Apply and use fundamentals of statistical data analysis tools as required
- Assist the decision-making processes for various business needs
- Apply core management skills such as organizing and planning
- Support initiatives which requires integration of quality and continuous improvement initiatives with other cross-center initiatives such as blueprint, service management, etc.
- Work with Company Leadership/Service Delivery Lead (SDLs)/Vendor relationship managers in identifying and development of optimization opportunities
- Understand the systems, processes and tools to derive the desired business results for Company
- Support in identifying problems and provide resolutions using root cause analysis
- Manage regulatory reporting, Management reporting, tax reporting
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or relevant business experience
- 5+ years payroll operations experience in a complex environment, with Hands On expertise in Philippines Payroll
- Experience in payroll vendor transition projects and relationship management
- Strong understanding of Payroll systems, Payroll Accounting and Payroll Tax
- Effective Relationship Skills, including ability to interact with both Company and Payroll Vendor senior leadership
- Able to articulate/position complex/critical challenges, issues, etc.
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
Good to have:
Payroll processing experience in multiple countries
Payroll Professional Certification