• Knowledge of US Healthcare Market
• Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse (NCLEX) for the State of California.
• Experience, or its equivalent, as a registered nurse in an acute care hospital, or in a medical/surgical ward or unit.
• Discharge planning experience in an acute care hospital, or as a Case Manager in an alternate medical setting such as a clinic or physician’s office performing discharge planning.
• May be required to possess and maintain specific certificates competency based on unit specific requirements as a condition of employment.
• Possession and maintenance of a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Appointees not possessing the BLS card must successfully complete appropriate training and qualify for the BLS card within 60 days of employment.
Knowledge on the following:
- Payor source documentation requirements and governmental regulations affecting reimbursement
- Knowledge of acute care nursing principles, methods and commonly used procedures
- Knowledge of common patient disease processes and the usual methods for treating them
- Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital routine and commonly used equipment
- Knowledge of acute hospital organization and the interrelationships of various clinical and diagnostic services.
Ability to complete the following:
- Effectively evaluate the medical records of hospital admissions regarding continuing stay necessity, appropriateness of setting, delivered care, use of ancillary services and discharge plans
- Ability to assess and judge the clinical performance of physicians and other health professionals
- Ability to communicate documentation needs in an effective and tactful manner that promotes cooperation.